If you own a business, you undoubtedly know the importance of having a cash register point of sale. However, is the one that you use making you money or costing you some of the profits that you could be making? Here are some of the reasons why you should contemplate upgrading from your cash register to a computerized cash register point of sale system.
1. Your inventory control will be accurate: the point of sale system is capable of tracking the inventory of your stock much faster as well as much more accurately than the conventional cash register systems.
2. It speeds up the checkout process: the point of sale system interfaces with barcode scanners. This means it has the capability of scanning the barcodes at a faster rate and with a significantly less margin of error. This means your customers will spend less time at checkout which keeps the lines short and business moving much faster.
3. Barcode labelling: the cash register point of sale systems has the ability if printing barcode labels once you receive your new stock. These barcode labels are attached to your inventory thus making it much more convenient to keep tabs on your stock, to count your stock as well as to sell your stock.
4. Keep tabs on employee time cards: Some of the cash register point of sale systems even has the ability to track the times that your employees sign in as well as when they sign out. You can even find some that will come with the ability to scan the cards of your employees so as to keep accurate records of their working hours as well as tracking their wages.
5. Loyalty cards for customers: Point of sale software also comes with the ability to track your customers by keeping their records. The information that will be stored will include the customers’ names, their telephone numbers and so on. The great advantage of this is that you now have the chance of offering discounts to customers who use their cards frequently or perhaps you may simply want to keep track of the buying rends of your customers.
6. Accurate records: Since the data on the point of sale systems is digital, the details as well as the accuracy of the information are high. As such, it is much easier to keep track of sales of specific items in your inventory, track your customers’ data and so on. The reports that are generated by these systems tend to be far more superior to those generated by the traditional cash register systems. This is because the cash register point of sale system will have much more in depth information which makes it easier for you to sift through and get what you want.
7. You get to integrate your accounting: Most of the point of sale systems that are in the market can easily interface with popular accounting packages that are being used. This presents you with an easy and seamless way of conducting all your accounting needs in one place. The point of sale systems have the capabilities of importing as well as exporting files and this saves a lot of time and energy that would otherwise be spent on double entry of different types of data.
8. eCommerce integration: Just as the point of sale systems can easily be integrated with different types of accounting software, they can also interface directly with various eCommerce platforms as well as websites. This presents you with an organized as well as accurate way of maintain a connection between your online as well as offline stores.